Admissions for international students are based on a combination of academic achievement and English proficiency.
Students who have completed units in a similar course from other accredited education providers will be given recognition on presentation of a verified transcript, award, statement of attainment or results.
Entry Requirements and Selection
Selection for enrolment in our courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria:
- All applicants are selected based on completion of the Application for Enrolment.
- Applicants should be 18 years old or above.
- Applicants must satisfy educational requirements (minimum of Year 10 or its equivalent).
- A proficiency in English language level IELTS 5.5 or higher or its equivalent is required for entry into courses other than English.
Selection for all courses will be conducted consistent with the principles of access and equity. The Director of Studies and our qualified Trainers/Assessors will assess the potential of students to achieve the stated competencies and learning outcomes.
How to Enrol in our Vocational Courses
Choose a course you wish to apply for. Before enrolling, please read the course details, the Statement of Fees and the Student Handbook, which contain important information on the policies, rules and regulations related to your studies with The Academy of International Education (Australia).
Once you have decided on the course, you can enrol by mail or through one of our agents. See list of agents.
- Download an Application for Enrolment Form and complete all details.
- Send the completed form together with copies of your documents and an enrolment fee of A$200 in forms of cheque, money order, or credit card number to:
- All cheques and money orders are made payable to The Academy of International Education. Please print your name, address, phone number and course on the back of the cheque.
- Certificates and academic transcripts
- Documents for credit transfer (if applicable)
- Work experience reports (if applicable)
Upon receipt of a completed Enrolment Form, your application will be reviewed and assessed by the Director of Studies.
If the application is successful, you will be issued with a Letter of Offer stating the course for which you have been accepted, course fees to be paid, commencement dates and overseas student health cover information. You will also be sent a Student Declaration and Agreement, which is to be carefully read and signed and returned to TAIE.
Note: If you are applying from a DIAC Assessment Level 3 or 4 country, you must complete Pre-Visa Assessment (PVA). Go to www.border.gov.au for details. Pre-Visa Assessment must be approved before any fee payments can be accepted by TAIE.
Pay the following as per your Letter of Offer:
- Course fee
- Additional course fees (if applicable) e.g. tool kits and uniform, and
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
Fees can be paid by credit card, bank draft or bank transfer, made payable to The Academy of International Education (Australia). Please contact us for more details.
Once we have received your payment, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). This is required for your student visa application.
Submit your student visa application to the Australian High Commission or Australian Embassy in your country of residence.